• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We'll I'm just wrapping up all the necessities for my trip out to Webster/Waubay, South Dakota! Lets see

Marcum LX-2....check

Ice House....check

Lazer Mag Express...check

Thorne Bros Panfish & Perch Sweetheart rods.....check

Hat and gloves...check

Blue man suit grin.gif....check

Boots...check

Ice skimmer...check

Assortment of panfish lures...check

1000 pack of maggies from Vados bait...check

I think I've got all the bare essentials for the trip. Will most likely be on Waubay tomorrow after those Jalopies! I'll post when I get back Sunday.

Have a great weekend all.

Just got back for the weekend and would like to say that WE GOT INTO THE JUMBO's on Waubay shocked.gif Like I was worried wink.gif

Stopped into Sportsman's Cover in Webster, SD and those guys have their shop/service down to a "T". They got us in and out of there in a snap. Excellent source of information as they pointed us in a couple of directions and off we went.

We got on the ice around 9:00am Saturday and the first several holes we drilled we were on fish. My one buddy drilled one hole and had 7 JALOPIES and his 10 perch limit by 11:00am! I had a hunch we'd get into them, but not right away like that.

We fished a small area around the north side of the lake and made several hops in that area. Each area produced fish. The key was to just wait out the perch as they were coming in and out beneth us. Very finicky biters though when they came in. Having a spring bobber with a small Your Bobber's Down lure or Genz Worm or Bug was the ticket. Any little movement made and it was set the hook!

Fishing slowed a bit in the afternoon, but picked up in the evening. The mood of the fish picked up too and they became a little more aggressive. We switched over to Vingla's and Demon jigging spoons with either maggies or a minnow head and had great success.

By the time 5:00pm came, four of us came off the ice and we were headed home with 36 perch. These perch were true JALOPIES....11-12" average cool.gif

We also put back as many or more through the day!!

Do that all day and your wrist is ap to get sore grin.gif

I guess for catching fish all day, the wind and the cool weather didn't seem to bother us. All and all it was a great day on the ice and another successful trip to Waubay Lake!

I'll see what I can do for pictures...It sure was a good time out there smile.gif

Just a few walleyes were caught, but mainly perch that we were after.

Plenty of ice on the lake. There were guys driving out of Kanago's and Busters and driving all over the lake. I remember last year a bad heave towards the middle of the lake but I didn't see one this year.

Good luck out there!