• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake Report

March madness is almost here! I'm not talking basketball I'm talking about some of the best fishing of the year for all species. Soon everything is going to be heading into shallow water again and they will have the feed bags on! I fish from early ice thoughout the ice fishing season and this is by far the most exciting time of the year. This is when the biggest fish of the year come out of Devils Lake. The great thing about March is that you can fish all species in the same areas without spending a lot of time moving around. The newest thing on Devils Lake is the Crappie bite. They are fairly new to Devils Lake but it seems there are more than we ever expected. Some people are getting 10-15 a day but most are only getting a handful but the size is what is so impressive. The local bait shop has had a lot of 14" crappies come in the last two weeks. Wouldnt that be sweet to have Jumbo perch and Crappies. Wow, would I be spoiled. If your thinking about coming to Devils Lake now is the time!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I can vouch for Devils Lake Pike for sure. Talk about numbers of pike. Pretty good.

I want to get out there for late ice fishing myself.

Anyone else want to try this trip out?

I have fished (thru the ice) Devils Lake once and had a great time. The perch did not cooperate too well, but got into some pike....and I caught a trophy walleye, which those waters are famous for. cool.gif

I wouldn't mind returning someday. In a boat also!

Rick, I'll be sitting on an exit ramp off I-94 waiting for a ride. grin.gif