• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowdown on my sled...

hanson

I posted about my sled problems in the thread about trailer covers but figured that wasn't the best spot for it.

Here goes...

My 2002 ZR600 EFI is running on 1 cylinder now, the PTO side. While riding last weekend, I could sense the power kicking in and out and thought I was just fouling out a plug. I stopped, put 2 new plugs in and it continued to run on 1 cylinder.

Before bringing it to the dealer tonight, I ran a compression test and have around 110 lbs on each cylinder so no blown piston or scored cylinder thank god!

What I don't have is spark on the right cylinder. I suppose this could be very simple or complex.

Stay tuned...

stator failures were found to be heat related, were overheating, probably the extra demand on the stator for the EFI.(more of a EFI issue than carb models)

the cure or prevention to this problem is to place flat washer on each recoil housing bolt, between the motorcase and recoil housing, leaving a gap for air circulation to cool the stator.

Pull the spark plug boots off of the wires and check their resistance. Most are 5,000 Ohms . Had one fail on my yamaha last year and ran the same tests and new plugs like you. The spark plug boots just thread onto the wire. They are cheap to replace.