• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

North Dakota snow depth

What part of North Dakota are you headed too. I am in Grand Forks and around here you might get around with a wheeler, but it will be tough. The fields here are totally snow covered and the edges of the trees have big drifts.

I'd say no problem.

Mine drives right over the hard pack and plows through the powder easy. I alway's carry a shovel strapped to the bike and if I get stuck and can't back out, I just dig a little to get me off of the high center condition,and back right out. After all the mild weather and now with a hard freeze, the layers underneath are rock hard.

I do have an advantage though, I have a Polaris 500 HO wink.gif

Have fun

Mark

I live in Lisbon, about 1/2 hour from Leonard and I'd say you'll probably be ok.. we've got a good crust of snow, but in some spots around the yard I've got drifts that are 2 feet... but in other spots I've got grass... I would guess if you're going to be in the trees at all it'll be deeper...

Plenty of people have been running sleds around here lately.. I'd probably bring that instead... you'll probably make it with a 4 wheeler... but it's borderline...

marine_man

Just got back tonight from North Dakota.Got alot of deer stand work done.

The other job we needed to get done was to cut down a old Bur Oak tree.Numerous foresty people along with some NDSU people did the cutting.After the tree was down,they aged it at 400 years old,yes 400.One big tree.