• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New to this. What do you think of these pics, any good???

dukhnt, these look good to me. Contented critters, indeed. As cropped, I like the top one best. If you take the last one and crop it so the plants and bottom duck are gone and all that remains is the top duck and the rocks and water, you'll have quite a different look and presentation of textures.

dukhnt,

You did very well. You're exposure is right on, and that is 95% off the battle, the rest depends on personal tastes. I think you could make these better with some basic composition changes (ie..., the subject not dead center of the frame) but the photos are good. I would need to see them at home, but on this monitor they look a little flat--maybe boost the saturation just a little since you do have some color in each photo (the flowers and the leaves) and a contrast boost would help a little as well. Keep taking them and posting them and congrats on three nice photos.

Tom W