• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frozen Seat????

EXTREME

A couple of weeks ago, I put the rear end of my SRX in the creek. To make a long story short, the next day the rear half of the seat was hard as a rock. Is there any way to get all of the moisture out of a seat? I took it off the sled last night and put it in the house. I also took off part of the cover. I don't know if this is enough. Anybody have any experience with this?????

I've never personally had to do this but friends of mine have. I would recommend hanging the seat vertically in front of a dehumidifier so the water will be naturally drawn downward. As you well know, the foam material inside the seat acts like a sponge so as the seat is hanging, the water starts to run downward drawing itself out of the foam. The dehumidifier will do the rest. I would leave for several days to make sure you get as much water out as possible otherwise mold will grow and destroy the foam as well as the lining inside the underside of the seat cover. Good luck. Hope this does it for you.

From personal experience...sometimes they NEVER dry out! '79 Kawasaki, for instance. But the seat did keep the sled afloat long enough to get it out of the water! 2 YEARS later and many months of drying like reddog suggested...well, when I sold it, the seat was still squishy! I'm hoping the new seat foams are better and will dry out. Hang it in the summer also, just to be sure.

Best way is to take the seat cover completely off then put the foam in between two sheets of plywood and then drive over it with your car or truck works great.

If thats a little to intense for you just bring the foam inside and leave it by a furnace duct or on a radiator.

I just did one on a friends sled who did not want to take the seat cover off, I had it on my radiator for about 7 weeks with a fan blowing on it and I think it's pretty dry now.

Get a different seat. I've sunk 2 and never got them dried out enough to use them. It's not worth the time to dry them out, in my opinion of course. I dried one for 4 weeks and it seemed dry, put it back together and it got hard as a rock.