• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

installing a new impeller on outboard

CALVINIST

Question

Hello,

I just posted under "HIGH PRIORITY: outboard motor problem". I ordered an impeller for $15.00 and will pick it up today. I don't want to pay an arm and leg for labor, so me and my brother will tackle the job tomorrow. Motor is a 35 horse Johnson. Not sure of the year, but probably around 20 years old. I have never changed one out before, so I will take any suggestions. What basic tools will I need? Should I take motor off transom? About how long will the job take? Also, are there any seals or other items of note that might be needed to do the job so I don't have to make an unnecessary trip. out

------------------
<><<><
Calvinist
><>><>

[This message has been edited by CALVINIST (edited 06-04-2004).]

4 answers to this question

Surface,

Maybe too much typing, but this would be great info to get down for all of us to see. I'll be replacing one with a buddy in a week or so. Typing it might take a bit, but think of all the phone calls it'll save you! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

------------------
Scoot

RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

Surface Tension,

I didn't know how long it would take, but a half hour is nothing. I was thinking half a day!

Thanks,

-------------
<><<><
Calvinist
><>><>

[This message has been edited by CALVINIST (edited 06-04-2004).]