• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

OK we had our perch party, now where's everybody at

I fished Poinsette Fri. night, had one bite that I missed and that was it. Sat. I went to Whitewood again. I fished down south and caught a limit. That's the first time I ever caught a limit of perch. I was using small minnows and jigging with wax worms. I hope to hear from more of you guys too!

I was out this morning on a small slough that has been the ace up my sleeve, only to be greeted by other people on what looked to be a prarrie dog town : confused.gif I just turned around and left disapointed and hit another spot for about and hour and a half with no fish to show for. frown.gif

Next week I will be back in the search mode trying to find a spot to hold me over until my boat is out of the shop, then it will be Big Muddy every weekend from here on out!

mw

I tried Lake Whitewood on Sunday afternoon for about 40 min. there were more people leaving than staying. I went over to Lake Henry for 2 hours with no luck only saw a carp swim under me.

I'm at BHSU and wish there was some more ice around here. I was at the Belle Fourche Reservior about a week ago and found 5in. of solid ice on part of it. haven't fished it yet but i am getting the itch to give it a try.

Hi Dan,

I didn't know that there were this many west river boys on here. Have you tried Iron Creek Lake? I used to go up there all the time as a kid camping with my parents. I never caught a trout of any size bought could usually limit out. I guess I thought you guys would have some ice in the Hills yet.

Yes, i have gone to iron creek but not during the hard water season. i was up a couple times this fall and caught a limit once.

waterbeater: where do you do most of your hardwater fishing? i would be interested in meeting up w/ you one of these weekends to get some ice action. I am originally from MN and love to ice fish, i just don't know where good ice fishing is around here. i would be willing to travel a bit for a good day of fishing.

Dan

Dan,

I fish stock dams here on my ranch 60 miles east of Sturgis on Hwy 34. Mainly perch and bass with a few crappies thrown in. I'd be glad to take you out if we get safe ice again. My brother and I went out on Tues. and chickened out. There was only 2" of ice and the shore was less than that. If this cold weather holds maybe we can give it a shot. Drop me a message if you want to at [email protected] .

I just wanted to clarify that I was just disapointed that other people were fishing the spot that I had been going to. I was taken off gaurd when I saw all the holes in the area that I was fishing since I have only seen a handfull of people out there over the last few years. I realize I sounded like a fishing troll and I appologize for that.

We are all out on public water for the same reason and that is to have fun and enjoy the outdoors.

mw