• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hinkley Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sledhead

Took off for st.croix state park last sunday and was it mint, put on a 100 miles in the park and no dirt little ice but great snow not a ton of snow but great flat groomed trails. I highly recommend you head there. cool.gif

I will add that I rode the Munger trail Monday from just North of Hinkley up to Willow River and it was perfect. From Willow River we headed west towards Denham (I think) and that trail was getting a bit worn....a little icey in the corners but defeintly rideable. We then jumped on the Soo Line trail and that was also pretty much perfect, besides for a few small bumps for the first mile or two. We then hit Hwy 65 and rode the ditches back down the Knife Lake where we started out. The ditches were riden but had good snow. 100 miles for the day.

This past Saturday (1-21) we put on 210 miles riding from Perham up to Elbow Lake, over to Itasca State park, and then south back to Perham. 85-90% of the trails were in good condition and it was a fun day of riding. Started to get icy in some corners, but the trails were groomed. Higher volume areas started getting a little bumpy later in the day. Ditches had good snow but it was all hardpack and riden. Not much for powder anywhere but there is now to ride up there and in the Detroit Lakes area.

Hopefully this warm front does not make it too far north for too long.

Trego, WI was a nice ride last weekend. Didn't really care for all the small rocks working their way to the top of the railroad grade between Spooner and Trego though. I just clamped on the throttle so the engine sound would drown out the rock hitting wear rod sound grin.gif

Who knows what things will look like after today and tomorrow though mad.gif