• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

seat repair/replacement

lawdog

I'm looking at used sleds and so many have bad seats, many completely ripped up or at best at least the seams are going bad.

Anybody know of places that repair replace seats and what are ballpark prices you guys know of.

THANKS!

Replacing the seat completely can be expensive and difficult to find the right seat.

After market seat skins are an option although sometimes they don't fit so good.

Black duct tape is my favorite for older sled seat repair if done in a warm environment with a little effort it looks OK and will last, plus it's cheap.

I think you can usually take the seat off and remove the cover. Most are stapled in place. Then an upholstry shop should be able to restitch. I bought one that had a seat with opened seams. I restitched it myself with 20# dacron fishing line.

I know from experience replacing a seat is expensive and a difficult job if you are not a professional seamstress.

My dog thought green ZR seats tasted good. I had to replace a friend's seat. $400 for a new seat and installation was a lot of hours because the dealer was not into replacing seats.

Look on hsolist for one, salvage companies, if you can find one. I wish I could have back then but my friend's sled was brand new at the time. mad.gif

I just had one done for a 1982 Yamaha Enticer. The previous owner did a crappy job covering up the torn up seat with duct tape. I looked on hsolist and replacement covers were going for around $70. I took it to a local upholstery shop and got it done for $100. They covered the old seat foam with a layer of 1/2inch new foam so that you would not have the tears that were in the old foam show through and then did a nice job of making the new seat cover. Well worth the $30, IMO.

I did also make a new board for the base of the seat and I had to use "Goof Off" to get all the duct tape residue off of the tunnel of the sled. It looks pretty good for a 24 year old sled now.