• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Elk hunting in Wyoming

Scoot

I'm thinking about applying for an archery elk tag in Wyoming. Any resident experts on here who can help me out with this. The area I'm thinking about applying for is section 19. My buddie's dad has been hunting there for a number of years (gun only) and says he's seen a fair number of elk. Can anyone tell me if I can expect to see a similar number of elk while bow hunting? The reason I ask this is because an area I've been to in Montana has great numbers of elk late in the gun season, but poor numbers during the bow season (due to a migration Northward that occurs later in the year). I assume that doesn't apply to the general area I'm referring to???

Also, can anyone tell me about archery pressure on public land in this area? Apparently the pressure isn't too bad during the gun season, so I'd expect the same, but I have no idea if this is true.

Any and all info about Section 19 would be appreciated. However, I'm not interested in hearing about other areas as this is the place I believe we'll be staying.

Thanks much!