• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

April 21st Sturgeon Excursion!

When was the last time you tangled with a fish that was older than you are? How about the last time you have battled a fish that weighed upward of 100 pounds? If you are like most who live in Minnesota, your answer is never!

Change that. Make this year, the year you do battle with a prehistoric beast. Give yourself the chance to catch your fish of a lifetime.

All are welcome to be a part of the 2006 Spring Sturgeon Get Together to be held the weekend of April 21, 2006 on the Rainy River near Baudette, Minnesota.

Join your FM family in search of the largest fish that swims in Minnesota waters. Fish weighing over 50 pounds are not uncommon, and fish over 100 pounds are possible. From jumps to rod breaking dives to pulling 100+ feet of line and burning drags, sturgeon battle like no other fish in Minnesota!

Bring your heaviest tackle, catfish rods, muskie rods, and even very heavy bass gear will do. Beyond that, all you will need is muscle and some warm clothes.

After a day on the water, join us at Schusters and meet FishingMinnesota Staff and other FM members and friends: putting a face to a posting name is priceless. To sweeten the deal, it’s very affordable, as well, thanks to Schusters who’s opening its doors to FM members for an extremely reasonable price--just $20 a night per person for full cabins. Contact them here Schusters Resort or call 1 (800) 243-2412

To wet your whistle, check out a couple of pictures and a short video clip from last year....

StusSturg2.jpg

Stu's Big Catch

00000913jo.jpg

Sturgeon Excursion Video Clip - Click Here

Hey Dennis,

I have never fished for sturgeon, and was planning to make this year my first. I would love to give this "Excursion" a shot, and I am sure that I have a few friends that would tag along also. What is the story here, Do I have to register or anything, or should I just show up. Also you said the 21st, that is a Friday, will this be held on a Friday or on the weekend? Please get back to me on this info! Thanks - Prodigy

Yep, we're coming up after work on Friday and planning to fish all day Saturday and Sunday, then head home.

We're also bringing up a bunch of goodies that we use for carpin and cattin.

Looking forward to the whole event.

Tom B

tan 1750 Crestliner Fishhawk 70 Evinrude 4t tiller