• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tired of Mallards?

hobbydog

I don't get tired of taking there pics but wish there was a bit more variety to go after in the winter. There was just a bit of sun on Sunday....sure wish we would get some cold crisp weather.

m6.jpg

m15.jpg

m18.jpg

I never get tired of seeing mallards, especially nice pics like these and since all the small, local potholes are frozen over awaiting their return. That could be sooner than later the way this winter is starting to shape up. Sure is a good thing we built that new fish house! smirk.gif

I decided to enhance the original pictures that I took.... still kinda new to me. any thoughts? I'll post the settings by the pictures Bullyfish.

Mallards in the woodsenhanced.jpg ISO 800 - 1/500 sec, F/4.5 at 70mm which is minimum zoom.

Mallard white backgroundenhanced.jpg ISO 800 - 1/500th sec, F/5.6 210 mm (full zoom)

Feathered Mallardenhanced.jpg ISO 800 - 1/500th sec, F5.6 210mm (full zoom)

And one more that wasn't quite as good.

Mallard coveringsnow2.JPG