• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need new string and cable. Any suggestions.

Powerstroke

I just started bowhunting archery this past year. I bought a used bow and was told it will get me through this year just fine but it needs a new string and hence a new cable too. Both are in rough shape and because of the lack of adjustment left in it my cams are slightly out of tune.

ANYWAY.....do I have to get one from the company who made the bow or are there different kinds of strings? Some better than others, etc.

I'm gonna try and get into a winter league to practice this year round and I heard the string has to get "broken in" so I want to make sure and get one soon.

Thanks

Power- No you do not need to buy strings made by the company of the bow. There are a ton of string makers out there and they usually are much more quality than those of the stock strings. Winners Choice makes a great string, and often times need very little if no break in time! There are a lot of quality ones out there, do some searching on the net and talk to your local pro shop!.. they will take care of you!

As Dietz mentioned, Winners Choice is a good option...but there is also Vapor Trail...very good strings, and made right here in Minnesota! (Ham Lake, i thinks)...Vapor Trail strings are featured on the Pearson/McPherson line of bows, and they've picked up as stock strings on a few other lines..

good luck...