• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Scenes (pics included)

Dbl

This is an old church I found along the side of the road on one early morning drive. It is close to Rice Lake State Park near Owatonna. I love shooting old buildings such as this. You guys have some great talent.

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Rusty

Nice shots, Honeydo. Cool old church, Lutheran I'd reckon, given the style, the location and the time period. Imagine the interesting photos a person could take from inside with a tripod. All those dust motes dancing in the air as sun streams in through the old windows.

A few photos from this mornings drive...saw 1 deer but to far(again)..1 boreal owl(flew off) and settled for some "things in the snow" pics..lol!....just nice to get out and enjoy the day...the sun was shining for once!....jonny grin.gif

"wing prints"

DSCF4422-1copy.jpg

angelwings.jpg

chicakee on a wolfkill:

DSCF4424-1copy.jpg

enjoying his meal:

squirrel89squirrel89copyrcopy.jpg

pinescopy.jpg

got a few photos this morning...grey dreary day again of course....the 2 deer are about 175 yards away...not the best conditions for a great photo...lol!...they saw me comin way before I saw them but at least got one shot....and another red squirrel......jonny grin.gif

DSCF4438-1copy.jpg

DSCF4443-1copy.jpg

Thanks Steve....the wolves have really been busy as I found 3 kills today...no doubt coyotes had something to do with it also....I was down in the Sax bog again looking for the great greys but nothing.......they just aren't down here this year...talked to a few photographers in the past few weeks on the roads in that area(I met 2 different birding parties both from Wisconsin(Madison area) looking for the great greys also)they didn't see any owls either just a boreal...apparently last year was a "special" year for the great greys..this year they just aren't here......not in any numbers anyway.....I did see 7 deer today but the buggers are just to far and fast...lol grin.gif...yup I did lean a tat on the sharpening on the photos....light conditions on these grey days aren't the best for super great color and clarity....the originals before posting were really "ratty" looking....lol grin.gif..jonny

Johnny, your always welcome to join us down here in the suburbs of Mpls... I'll take you right to a Barred Owls home, 10-20 Eagle sightings, many hawks and hundreds/thousands of Ducks and Geese... did I mention a good share of deer as well. grin.gif All that within a day.

P.S. Cool pictures! I also like the Nuthatch one the best.

Thanks Dbl!.....guess sometimes I just like the scenery shots!.......here's a couple from this morning's walk (taken at about 275 yards, full zoom, handheld)...........and thanks for the invite Buzz!...not sure when I could take you up on it but the the offer is very much appreciated!.....sounds like you guys are living in a wildlife sanctuary down there in the cities!....jonny grin.gif

lonewhite-tail.jpg

lonewhite-tail2.jpg