• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spare Boat Key

FullTilt

Question

I'm having a hard time finding a place to make a spare key for my boat. I've tried two hardware stores and Fleet Farm. It looks like this might be a job for the dealer but I was hoping to have a spare before the weekend. Anyone have any suggestions? It's a 2001 Johnson 115 hp.

4 answers to this question

Try a locksmith.

My truck key was too worn to badly to copy but they were able to obtain a code and cut a new one. Also, I lost the key the padlock on my kicker. It was a Master and they made a new key from its code, too.

Thanks for your help, I hadn't thought of a locksmith. A called the local locksmith and got his answering machine so I thought I'd call the dealer just to see what they had to say. They actually have the key in-stock and can send it to me if I can't get there before they close.