• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally !!!

The Marcum worked great. I only got into 14 feet of water. I used the zoom only once just to see what it looked like but didn`t need it. The super fine line is just insane. It makes the line about half of what was there. I didn`t move to much because it was a new lake for me and 3 inches isn`t the safest for a guy my size. grin.gif

Think there would a place where I can rent a marcum for test drive? Heading out to eagle reever chain in a couple of weeks. Got my FL8, but one of the guys I feesh with has the FL8 SLT. So there is some contention in the shack. Would love to try before I buy.

Mark I would love to let you use the lx-3 or lx-5 but I am sending the 3 in for an upgrade and the 5 to see about something else. I don`t think I will have them back until the first of the year. I will let you know when they come back.

Is the contention over models or interference?

When Cliff on Vermilion got his Marcum it is so much more powerful than the Vex I would get interference on my Vex even when I was far away from him.

There is that button that says IR. If you push it in on the Vex the interference eventually goes away. You'll need this button with two vex's or a vex and a marcum in my experience. I talked to the Vex guys about it. What it actually does is slow the transducer pulses down just a teeny bit to that you can get them off cycle from the other guy's unit. He had me put the ducer on my ear and push the button. You could hear the changes. The jerking of my facial muscles went away in about 2 weeks. Cool. I think there were seven pushes till you got back to the beginning.

Yep, thanks.

What about those vexes without IR. Yep, I got one. One guy I was feeshing with has the one with IR. So, he's good, I am kinda funka, if we are in the shack. So, maybe the old vex needs an upgrade. Still has lots of karma though.

Hummm, dunno for sure, but if you get the friend to hit his ir a few times should should be able to get on different transducer firing sequences and stay out of each other's way. I say this theoretically, rather than from experience or expert knowledge. I assume you tried this but, maybe not. If you did and it did not work, save the old vex for when you go to the Boundary Waters alone and get a new one with IR???