• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Klicks or Miles per hour

J Smith

Just bought a new 06 Sportsman 800, I took it for a little ride on the 40 acres behind the homestead to pull down deer stands then down a road behind a new development and the odometer shows 6...I couldnt have road that distance there's no way, unless the 6 stands for Kilometers. Anyone know if there is a mph/kph setting on these electronic displays?

Thanks

Im 90% sure my machine has mph/kph ... I cant remember how to change it.

You are probably in Km mode... just need to figure it out. If you dont have the owners manual, check online.. or someone might chime in with that machine, or similar.

In the end if you are showing obvious milage error, I would get on the dealership and have that replaced because it will make a difference in resale someday if it looks like your machine has 20K miles when it really has 3K.

In the owners manual:

Screen 6: Miles/Kilometers toggle

The display in the tripmeter and odometer can be changed to display either kilometers or miles. The current display mode will be shown as KM or MP. To change, hold in the mode button until the letters flash, then press and release the button once. When the display stops flashing, the mode has been set.

Dave, I tried that this evening but nothing flashed. I also tried turning off the ignition switch; holding down the mode button and turning the ignition switch on, still nothing. Have you tried this with your's? I went by the book on this. I'll probably call a service tech at the dealer if I can't get it to work in the a.m.

Thanks for your input

J.S.

It's part of the diagnostic mode.

Place in neutral.

Hold mode button in.

Turn key on.

Release mode button.

Press mode button 5 times to step through the display screens until you see MP or km.

Hold the mode button in until it starts to flash.

Push mode button again to switch between the two, MP or km.