• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow Releases

Shwangman

Wow... that is really going to depend on what you like to shoot, hunting or target and what feels most confortable to you. I have lost count of how many releases I have. I have a winn free flight and liked it to start, but dont shoot it anymore. The one I am using for hunting now is a Scott Rhino I think.. I really like it.

For target I have a ton of releases, I have a Carter Atension, that I use more than most of the others. I also have a Cascade #10 that I have shot some of my best scores with. I also have a couple of true back tension releases that I use to work on form with.

I would suggest going in to a shop, bring your bow and start shooting them. One should feel just right!

Quote:

Wow... that is really going to depend on what you like to shoot, hunting or target and what feels most confortable to you. I have lost count of how many releases I have. I have a winn free flight and liked it to start, but dont shoot it anymore. The one I am using for hunting now is a Scott Rhino I think.. I really like it.

For target I have a ton of releases, I have a Carter Atension, that I use more than most of the others. I also have a Cascade #10 that I have shot some of my best scores with. I also have a couple of true back tension releases that I use to work on form with.

I would suggest going in to a shop, bring your bow and start shooting them. One should feel just right!

I'm with Deitz on this one. I use a Jim Fletcher, Fletch Hunter Concho for hunting. I use a Carter Chocolate Addiction for target shooting, whereas before that I was shooting the Fletcher Fletchmatic.

I used to use the Winn Free release (along time ago), but being a shotgunner, I found myself slapping at the trigger instead of a slow gentle pull, so I abandoned that release quickly.

It's all a matter of trying different ones and seeing which one suits you best personally.

Thanks Guys, I'm looking for a release for hunting and at this point, not target! I will give the Wynn release a shot, If I remember, its a glove type release, right? Thanks again, I will head over to the bow shop again, the last time I was over the tech showed me one release, a Truefire Hurricane Buckle and he told me that is was nice because it had the stap like a belt but, the I felt like I wanted a longer release because I had to culp my hand to reach the trigger but, I did not have my bow along so maybe that will make a difference. Thanks.

Ken

If you didnt like the one release because you had to cup your hand to get to the trigger, the Winn is not for you. Make sure you get one that the length is ajustable. Scott, Trueball are just a couple that are very good. The Winn is a great release as well.. but not ajustable that way. It is a VERY confortable release to wear however!

FYI, the hurricane has adjustable length. Just twist the head and it goes in or out. I currently use that release for hunting. There are certianly better ones out there but I like it well enough.

Thanks Deitz & Gus, a friend of mine is bringing in his Winn and I'm going to give that a try and then I'm stopping back over to the shop and look at the the other one again. This is why I go to this site so much, so many people willing to help out a fellow hunter and just getting into bow hunting, I need all the tips!! Thanks again.

Ken