• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summer Vex Mounting

bgfish00

Question

Where does everyone Mount their Vex for Summer use, Front, Back, Over the Side, Through the Transom, Off the Trolling Motor.

I just got one this winter, love it, and looking for its most functional use this summer. I already have one a finder at my console.

5 answers to this question

I have my vex located in the front of the boat with a universal transducer on the trolling motor.

I just got a new alumacraft so I haven't had the chance to try it out. I'm thinking it will work great though.

I love using in the winter so it cant be that bad to get used to in the summer.

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!

Through the trolling motor via universal sonar on my new toy. Minnkota 74lb powerdrive with autopilot and universal sonar.

Can't wait...

SUNNYD

I also use mine on the trolling motor as a lot of people do but depending on what type of boat you have you want to mount it where it is going to do the most good.

Finlander, I also put mine on a johnny ray mount. That way when I put the tarp on the boat the Vex doesn't get in the way. Also its real easy for me to take on & off.

------------------
And keep those hooks sharp!