• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can anyone post an update on how bad the freezing rain was.

In Canby, just across the border, it is BAD. Many powerlines and powerpoles are down.

It may spell doom for a lot of roosters in that area.

Anybody live in the Arlington, ClearLake, Watertown or Webster area that provide an update?

Thanks,

tweed

It was bad. We had about a 1/2" of ice on everthing. Power was out for about 24 hours. Mnay folks in the rural areas are still without power.

I will find out how the ice took its toll on the pheasants this weekend when I am out hunting. I hope they did'nt get wiped out, that would be devastating. I have not seen any along the roads so that its not looking good.

On a positive note: We Have Ice. I hope to get to it this weekend sometime.

mw

More than a few pheasants made it through the storm around the Brookings/Ivanhoe area. Lots of ice in that area too. If there is shelter, there are birds. I would guess some birds got it if they were not in the right type of cover when the storm hit. However, the worst of that storm did hit during the day, so that played a factor on the positive side. My concern is that we are not off to a good start this winter. Heck, we got more snow tonight and winter has 4 more months to go. If it keeps up like this and we get a nasty blizzard in March, it will be all over.