• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Late Fall Sunset...

Corey,

I was playing with your photo just a little--wondering if you'd like to see a slightly different spin on it?

By the way, it reminds me of a photo I took once when I first started going to South Dakota in the spring for my photography runs. I still have it hanging on the wall downstairs. You have a very nice shot here.

Tom W

Corey,

Sorry so late with this, but I had a tough workload and of course the holiday...

This is just something I threw together to once again point out what can be done to photos using imaging software. I do not in any way want it to be taken as an improvement or a necessity to what you posted--this is merely to show you and others how photos can be enhanced without altering the photo. I did not do as much as you might think. I added some contrast, some saturation, and a crop that I thought was a little better for composition, and leveled the horizon. Not that much, and I did not alter the photo only enhanced the digital data that was present at the time you shot it. You might like this, you might not, again just a different spin on a very nice photo...

coreyspic4hm.jpg

If you do like it I would be happy to help you understand what I did, so that you could use that knowledge later--if you don't like it just say "hey Tom, that sux" grin.gif

I like your crop, Tom, and your other measures are the same ones I'd have taken.

Because it's a digital image straight from the camera, that doesn't necessarily mean it looks exactly like the scene did to your eye. Some digital cameras allow you to set the level of saturation from light to normal to more saturated. Some don't. For those that don't, it simply may be set at a saturation level lower than what the eye captures or the mind remembers. My camera does allow setting changes, and when I select "saturated," it looks much closer on the computer screen even before processing to what I originally saw than a lower saturation setting does.

For an image that looks a little washed out, using saturation and contrast (contrast also adds intensity to color) can make it really pop, and may make it truer to "life" than what first appears on your screen.