• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rapala Lock N Grip or Boga Grip

Trailblazin

Question

Thinking abou getting one of these tools for handling muskies in the net while getting the hooks out, which I think would be useful.

Anyone have experience w/ any of these?
Boga grip has been out for yrs while the Rapala is fairly new.....

Any advice is appreciated.

8 answers to this question

I think the most important thing to these is that the head swivels separate from the handle. I know the Boga has a swivel head, and only one of the 2 rapala models does. The reason for the swivel is for when that beast starts to thrash and roll, without the swivel it could possibly cause serious damage to the fish and/or you.

Good Luck.

RU

The BOGA is the way to Go! But from sources I know who are close with Rapala have said that the Rapala grip has made leaps and bounds. The only thing I caution, is don't get the Berkely one, unless they've changed it from the previous version. It doesn't swivel, and I had a buddy who would've broken his wrist had the grip not broken instead.

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z

No experience with the Rapala but have seen the Boga used on many large pike (20-30#) and lake trout up to 35#. The guys I know that fish in South America all swear by the Boga.