• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old honda 350 bogging down

fishin58

I have an old 4 wheeler that starts alright, the main problem is that it bogs down to the point where it will not even move if in gear. We had the carb off and clened it and it seemed pretty clean. The main prob seems to be when we had the air filter on, after we cleaned it, i started it with the filter off and it would open up alright but as soon as we put the air filter back on it it would be an instant bog down. (the air filter was also clean) soes it just need to be adjusted or what, their is a black knob on the carb, that i can see i have messed with that but it does not seem to improve the carb. Is their a different needle?? also does this have some kind of fuel pump, their is ticking when i turn the key on if that helps any. frown.gif

There's shouldn't be no external fuel pump. The black knob should be an idle adjustment. What "seemed pretty clean" is probably the promblem. The carb and jets inside have to be clean. If it runs fine without the air cleaner though, I'd try a new air cleaner first.

My lawn mower air cleaner "seemed clean" too but, it was the problem.