• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ANY ICE?????

NAPAFISH

I play pick-up with a group of guys on weekends. It's either Friday or Saturday night with ice times anywhere from 9:00 to 10:45 start time. Cost depends on how many guys show up but usually around $8-$10. We have the ice for an hour with the option of an additional 1/2 hour if we have enough guys. We always play at Eagan Civic Arena. The next few weeks are all at 10:30 on Saturday night.

The talent level varies. There are a few pylons and a few really good guys, but most guys are intermediate. Most people wear helmet (required), gloves, shins, cup, elbow pads. Some of the whimpy guys wear pants. No checking or fighting but slap shots are fine. Pretty much a common sense skate, don’t kill anyone kind of thing.

Your welcome to come out to see if you like skating with us. I never know how many people are going to show up. Two weeks ago we had 22 skaters but last week we only had 12. We always have goalies. In the 10 years I have been playing with these guys I can only remember 3 times that one of the goalies didn't show. I would guess the youngest guy I see out there is around 22. The oldest is 50. I would say that 90% of the guys fall in the 35-40 range. How old are you? Did you play hockey anywhere growing up?

I am 37 yrs old and have played hockey in the past. With my work schedule,I have been unable to commit to league's. This sounds like a good opportunity to get out and have some fun. It's always nice to have goalie's! Just let me know when, where, and what time!

Thanks!

This week is Saturday, 10:45, Eagan, on the small/east rink. We have new guys showing up all the time so don't be shy! Bring a white and dark jersey. I'm Dave. You can ask for me if you want when you get there. After the skate, either me or a guy named Serafini will collect the money. Serafini is the guy that sets up all the ice times. He's a pretty cool guy, except he likes to molest collies! JK grin.gif. We used to have a team called the Hellfish. The open hockey schedule and directions to the arena are still posted on the HSOforum: www.hellfishhockey.com

See ya there

Can anyone come down and play with you guys??A buddy and myself have been looking for something like this for a while now. We use to play up at Centenial ice rink but havent in years. We both are 30 years old and use to play hockey when we were younger. Eagan ice arena is a distance from Coon Rapids but will make the trip.

Coon Rapids? Isn't that like half way to Canada from Eagan? I would have thought that the outdoor ice is already frozen up there, eh! If you guys want to make the trip down here feel free. Last week we had 16 guys show up. We like to keep it 20 or under. If you guys drive down from the sub-artic tundra I'll make sure you get to play. 10:45 Saturday. I'll be the guy skating on his ankles. They won't let me use the double runner training blades anymore so I'm still adjusting! grin.gif

I have ice at Roseville Ice Arena Friday nights at 10:30. The contract runs until May 06. So far I've always had room for a few players. The talent ranges from (Contact US Regarding This Word) good, to average just having fun...finally to pilons like myself..lol. Always two goalies. It's a good group of guys, and everyone plays.

If interested shoot me an email at [email protected].

Hockey Guy,

I will see you guys tonight at 1045pm. How has the turn out been the last few saturdays? I was going to play at 10:15 at Eagan for open hockey but I have heard that they have had problems getting goalies to show. Skated twice with you guys last year.( Waste Management guy who came with Jeremy.)

Goldy