• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Scentless Shampoo, soap, deoderant, detergent alternatives..

Rost

Of course we all want the stuff from Wildlife Research, but that can get spendy! Does anyone ever use alterntives?

I noticed that Tide has a laundry detergent that has no dyes or perfumes. Are there any shampoos, deoderants or soaps that are scent free?

If so, does any use them? Do they work?

Rost....Its not just the smell of (or lack of) that we need to be careful of in choosing detergents for the clothes, it is the whiteners which are a part of it too. These inhibit the ultraviolet light and cause even camo to almost glo in daylight.

Body and hair soaps are less an issue and several can be found in local pharmacies. The down side of this stuff is that while it is not perfumed it still has the odors from other components that get you clean. These products too are not always that cheap either.

I use alot of that stuff, and the best way to go is to just buy the wildlife research line. That said, I NEVER buy it in season, I always buy next years stuff at the end of this year, A certain big store chain will just about give it way so they don't have to restock it. Sometimes they sell the boxes complete with shampoo, deoderant, scent bags, etc, for 50 to 75 percent off. I've been using the same bottle for almost two years, I don't think it ever goes bad, but I always store it in a cool dark place.