• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Darn Fur Balls

Thought id just get this story off my chest. Yesterday I decided to try a new spot with the ground blind. I decided to try a fresh cut bean field. So, got the blind all brushed in under a nice pine and was feeling confident about seeing some deer. Well abut quarter to six along come a bunch of does, and Im thinking maybe tonite ill take a nice doe. The does alll of a sudden flag snort and dissapear. Im thinking whats up and then all of a sudden I see three black spots, uh huh yep, mama and two cubs. Im thinking this stinks, theyre going to screw up the hunt. But wait, they keep coming my way, oh come on please turn. Nope, 15 yards right in front of me they stop, mamas hair stands up and the cubs start whining. Oooohhh boy, I decide to draw back, and thinking this is not good. Mama starts to make some utteral sound and moving her head in a strange fashion, and quickly takes her kids and leaves. Wheeewwww, is all I could think. Having those bears so close in when your on the ground was quite a rush, hope it never happens again. Oh yeah, didnt see a deer the rest of the nite. Just thought id share that story. gl

I was in a double bull ground blind, she couldnt make me out, but she was very unhappy. I dont know if I could have mustered any noise, lol. I felt it was better just to do nothing, I guess it worked out in the end. Ive never really felt nervous of bears before, I grew up watching and teasing them in the dumps when I was a kid. I guess you wise up when you get older. A little anyway.