• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lost Release

Ben1022

Ever lose something and obsess over it thinking you can find it??!!! I lost my release sometime after shooting a deer on 9/27. I know I had it after that, because I shoot squirrels out of my back yard on occasion so I know it made it home after that. I went hunting one more day but, again, the release came home because I shot one last squirrel in the yard and then the bow got hung up in the garage w/the release on it. After that, I have no clue. It's not the money or anything like that but I've had that release for 7 plus years. Kind of like you're hunting buddy...he's been there for ALL the good shots and now it's gone. I'd give 5 times what it's worth to have it. I'm having nightmares about it.

I have two places the release goes...religiously. Only on the gear shifter in the truck or on the sight of the bow if it's haning up. NEVER does it go anywhere else but those two places when its not on my wrist. I've been thru the backpack (every nook and cranny), all the hunting clothes, truck seats, compartments etc. and no sign.

I also lost a Surefire flashlight the night I shot a deer...that's not as big of a deal. I figure shooting a deer in MN is kinda like fishing Red Lake...you gotta donate to the gods in exchange. BUT, I refuse to let the deer gods get away w/my release!!!

Any thoughts??... becuase I'm borderline nerotic right now. I'll pay a $50 reward for anyone that comes up w/the idea that leads me to it. Till then, I'll chomp some Prozac/Valium etc to get me thru it or you can find me at the local nut hut!!

Hey Ben, dont know if your a spiritual person, but saying a prayer to Saint Anthony might help you out. Has worked for myself on many occasions. I hope your prayer is answered, and if it is forget the fifty or donate it too someone in need. good luck