• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Honda ATV?

Fish killer

Sorry guys Castmaster is right. They do make such a thing. I'm not sure why but the ad states

The TRX500FG Canadian Trail Edition features a specially-calibrated suspension designed specifically for Canadian trail conditions. Offering improved comfort and control, the Canadian Trail Edition can be identified at a glance by its red shock springs and unique Trail Edition Maple Leaf decaling. Includes GPScape.

So yup its true, either Canada has "bumpier trails" or they think we are tougher here.

I have a 2003 Rancher 350ES. My electronic shifting went out this last spring. I think it was around $75 to fix. That is my only complaint. Maybe GoBabyGo can shed some light on how well/long the electric shift works. I think I know the answer.

The option of switching to 2-wheel drive would be a nice feature. I have been on some pretty tight trails and it is more difficult to maneuver, but I would never give up the 4-wheel drive. I prefer to run the obstacle over than go around it anyway. Plenty of power, pushes snow nicely and fits snug in my pickup.

we had pretty good luck with the ESP units. Every now and then certain atvs would show problem codes, sometimes just the ECM would need to be reset, and sometimes it would need a new ECM, which most of the time was under warranty. Foot shift machines would have an occasional clutch problem, but again usually under warranty. Being a die-hard hand clutch foot shift rider, i was very impressed overall by the ESP.

Bought a new 350 Rancher this fall for ice fishing and the dealer advised me to stay away from the ESP and go to the manual shift for winter use. Said the cold weather can be a problem with the oils on the elec. shift trans. Don't have a problem with the manual nice for pulling my sled through snow etc.

go baby go,

i emailed honda customer service about the warranty issue. tthe reply i got was that any honda authorized service center is required to provide warranty service on honda products.

i kind of think that whole "try and get work done" is a gimmick by dealers to get you to buy at their business and not somewhere else.

it would be similar to saying you can only get your truck warranty work done at the dealership you purchased it at. just not the case! if you own a gmc truck and need warranty work done, any gmc dealership will do the work. if they were to refuse to do warranty work, the maufacturer wouldnt be to pleased i suspect.

now you may go to the end of the line if you get something fixed other than where you bought it, but if its under warranty they have to fix it. anything not under warranty may be a different story.

At the Honda dealer I worked at, a Canadian model Rancher was brought in, I don't remember exactly for what. In order to do warranty/update procedures, you have to submit VIN to Honda for authorization to be reimbursed for the work. I think all the recalls are covered whether U.S. or Canadian because it's a safety issue. As far as warranty like parts breaking, it takes a little more work for the

autho. The work can get done, but Honda may or may not pay the dealer, so then the cost is passed on to the customer. that's just my experience, at this one shop. I wasn't in charge of submitting warranty claims so there is probably more to it. There is a reason why there is different models for different countries, so in my opinion I wouldn't buy a Canadian quad.