• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A New Moderator Welcome

I would like to take this time to welcome John Bacarella, a.k.a. Little John as a moderator to this forum section and a new member of the team. I am sure he will be providing us with some very useful information for this area in both hunting and fishing.

Welcome aboard John!!! Ice is coming!!!!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome Jeff! I'm looking forward to sharing information with other anglers on fishing and hunting here in the great state of MI. Things are really starting to heat up with fish and game activity as the nights get colder and the days shorter. I'll get into more specifics later.

It's great to be here! I'll give everyone a snap shot of who I am.

I grew up fishing Lake St. Clair, the Detroit and St. Clair River areas. I lived in St. Clair Shores for about 25 yrs and fished Lake St. Clair about 5 days a week. I'm an avid steelhead fisherman and enjoy custom building fishing rods as well. The last several yrs my focus has shifted from open water fishing to ice fishing. I've been competing on the Ice Team trap attack circuit for the last 4 years and qualified for the national championship twice, finishing in 5th place with my partner the second year we qualified. I have a new partner (FM's very own Bob Horn) this year and am looking forward to a great season. I am also a very avid bow hunter, which makes this time of the year very busy for me.

I am a Christian and am married to a very wonderful and supportive wife who manages my finances very well, so that I can afford cool toys like my 4x4 Quigley conversion van, snowmobile, ATV, walleye rig, guns, bows, etc. etc. We are blessed to have an incredible three yr old son who is learning to love hunting and fishing, plus we are also expecting another little one in the spring.

I work for Intier Closures group, a division of Magna as a Customer Liaison/Quality Engineer (Corporate Whipping Boy). I have a B.A. in Geology (don't ask me why) from Lake Superior University in Sault Ste. Marie, MI. And I love to design and fabricate just about anything that has to do with hunting or fishing.

Well, in a nut shell that's the short version of who I am and what my life revolves around. The real short version is that I am a hunting and fishing fanatic that has a wonderful Christian family!

Thanks for the warm welcome!