• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chickadee, October

Steve Foss

OK. We're trying a new photo host site. Let's see if it works.

This image has a lot more to do with fall color than the chickadee. The yellow maple leaf is in the foreground, and the salmon/orange field of color is more maples leaves in the background. Out of 39 images fired off as rapidly as possible that day last weekend along the Agassa Trail out on the Echo near Ely, this is the only one where the bird's tail perfectly fit in the notch of the foreground leaf.

I figure this will be an image I'll use on the Christmas cards we send out from our home office each season. I mean, who doesn't love a chickadee?

sm chickadee.jpg

'Dees are always kewl, Steve! Particularly like the background colors. Not much for color here yet but I did have a hummingbird at the feeder this AM, even after last nite's frost. smile.gif

Steve-

Awesome photo!!

I love chickadees. I also love nuthatches! I don't know if you can beat a chickadee in the snow though. Pretty!!!

I see that you got AFreeImageHost to work.

You may also want to check out www/Imageshack.us/

I have run into problems with bandwith limitations on AFreeImageHost. Perhaps things have changed there, I don't know. I used to get hosted images bumped from there. So far, Imageshack has worked very well.

Keep the photos coming!!