• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This took two weeks...(photos)

Tom Wilson

For as long as I've been interested in photography, I have wanted to be able to get photos of Hummingbirds. I had feeders in the back yard and would occasionally see one, but never had the opportunity to get close and for some reason they wouldn't come around much. I finally made the decision to move the feeders to a different location, and two female Ruby Throated's started showing up almost immediately. I set myself up in a slightly obscured spot and waited and waited and waited. I think I spent at least 2-3 hours a day for the last two weeks, but I finally got what I wanted. Now to get me a male. Don't reckon I have too long before they skeedaddle though...Oh well, there's next year and a whole new knowledge on how to get em'.

hbird6kj.jpg

hbird20pv.jpg

hbird34nr.jpg

hbird44rh.jpg

Wonderful photos Tom!....the "wait" certainly was worth it!.... I put out a feeder for these little guys earlier this spring but apparently wasn't on a "hummingbird flyway"...lol!... I never managed even 1 pic so I know how hard it is to get a pic of these birds( I know some people have an established feeder that is used everyday)...guess I just should experiment and move the feeder next spring..again..nice pics!......jonny smile.gif

Great shots Tom. Start my day and end my day watching the little twerps at the feeders or feeding on the impatiens or 4 o'clocks. I get to see them here at work too as they enjoy the salvia and petunias in the planters. Thanks for the close up views on the confuser. Truly amazing little creatures.