• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

glendel buck three-d target

lawdog

Anybody have one of these? I've been looking at them, and then I saw they had the new "full rut" version which is bigger. I was thinking though that a smaller target would be better as I'd not want to practice on something bigger where I could be less precise, wouldn't it be better for the target to be smaller so your practice is more demanding?

Anyway, just curious on anyone's experience with these targets and if they are good quality, and then anyone's thoughts on that new bigger one too.

THANKS!

Lawdog-A friend of mine has one and has been very happy with it.As far as the bigger one,I personally dont see the difference if you target pratice on a bigger or smaller one as you need to hit the same spot.I never try to hit a exact spot,but rather keying on the heart-lung area is what I try to do,you dont need to hit a dime every shot.I dont know how you pratice,but shooting from the same height as you tree stand is good pratice,even going to the point of practing with the clothes you are going to hunt with.Good luck..

Thanks Lee, the thing I was trying to get at, the vitals area and replacement area of the rutting one is bigger itself, not just the 3-d part. I think you are right though, its probably not a big deal. The nice thing about the bigger new one, is the vitals "block" insert can be turned with one side for elevated shooting and markings I guess.