• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am going this weekened and want to pick up a few things; what kind of presentations work well for Walleyes on these lakes? Should I be jigging, running Lindy rigs, etc?

Any advice or recent reports would be great.

Thanks.

Spinners and crawlers probably are the best bet yet. However, I'd be ready to go with a single-hook spinner with a minnow and possibly and jig/minnow. Have a scoop of minnows along in case they aren't biting on the crawlers.

Here a report from a Guide service out there 9-13-05:

Fishing is still holding up pretty well. There is limits caught from the dam to Crow Creek and the lower 1/3 of Lake Sharpe. There is some inconsistency from day to day, but the fishing is still excellent.

The guides are catching 20 - 60 walleyes per day. The depth of water has been from 10 - 20 feet with a spinner and a crawler. Our size has been from 15 to 18 inches with 1 - 6 over 18 depending on the day.

The smallmouth bass fishing has picked up too. I(Mike) guided for smallmouth last week and caught between 40 and 50 smallmouth.

The fishing has not been good for everyone. If you know the areas well. There is some nice limits being caught.

Orange, Chartreuse, & a color that is almost Watermelon Green are my "go-to" colors out there.

BTW, I was out there a couple of weeks ago and had a good day fishing, with over 20 walleyes caught in 5 hours.

Fishing has been great on Lake Sharpe. People have told me from Antelope Flats on down has been good.

I would have a good selection of bottom bouncers ranging from 5/8 oz. up to 2 1/2oz. I use 1oz. on my back rods and 2oz. on my front rods in most cases. Spinners have been working and if the fish are a little picky just switch to a hook and crawler (maybe adding a bead).

Just a quick warning Catman, you will fall in love with this river system! grin.gif

mw

Thanks for the report! I only wish I had time to get away fishing for a weekend. I have said all year that I was'nt going to get sucked into hunting season but it never fails. My plans to get to the hills trout fishing are foiled also. Ducks this weekend and antelope the next may be I will get a weekend of fishing in 3 weeks.

mw