• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rifle Ranges?

Jackpine Rob

Minnetonka Game and Fish Club in St Francis has Deer Rifle sight-in on weekends. The dates are Sept 10th 9am to 4pm, 100 and 200 yd ranges open. Oct 8,9, 15,16 22,23, 29,30 they will have 25, 50, 100 yd ranges open. 9am to 4pm all days. They provide covered shooting benches with sandbags, spotter and targets. They also usually have someone there who knows scope setups and has tools to figure out any problems and fix them. Cost is 5 bucks per gun and they take their time with you. For more info call 763-755-7177. Hope this helps

DRKEN,I heard that club was closed or about to be closed.

Isn't that the one that Federal cartrage owned for so many years?

A developer bought it some years back and now wants to close it so he can develope the area into housing.

But any way, there is also BeaverBrook gun club in East Bethal.

Go North on HWY65 (central ave)out of Blaine till you get to Klondike Drive, go East one and a half miles , turn left at the sign for BeaverBrook gun club.

Phone 763-434-4515

Weekends in October 9AM till dusk, $7.00 per gun, 10 covered benches with sand bags and rifle rests.Spotting scopes and spotters provided.

They change targets offten and have bore sighting available , as well as military trained eperts to help with the tuff ones to sight in.

If you have a problem rifle ask for Oatus Smith, he is a retired USMC epert weapons trainer.

Benny

Quote:

Can anyone tell me which gun clubs in the north metro have rifle ranges open to the public? I'm needing a 100 yard range.

Jackpine Rob,

Here is the DNR link with listings of ranges, hope this helps. I'm in the same boat as you are, I need to find a place too shoot.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/shooting_ranges/list_ranges.html

David

Problem with the DNR listings is that they all appear to be older and some out of date. I've tried calling a number of places, left a bunch of messages, and gotten zero response. Is the Oakdale range still operating - or is that one closed down also?

Good lord what a pain in the rump! Something as relatively simple as sighting in a rifle turns into a real ordeal.

Beaverbrook and Forest Lake offer public sight-in days starting in a couple of weeks, but with my moose season coming up October 1, I hate to waste any more time with this project.

I hear you Jackpine Rob.

I need to sight in my 30-06, I put a new scope on it, plus I also need to test some handloads for my T/C Contender 35 Rem and 30-06. It seems to be getting to be a bigger pain every year with more ranges shutting down. I’m not familiar with the Oakdale range, so I can not be of help. Hope you find something soon.

I wish you success with your moose hunt!

David

the Del-Tone range in South St. CLoud is top notch. It is East of HW10. It is (or was last year) 10 bucks a day and have 3 bays with targets out to 200 yards. When it is busy there is a rangemaster or two regulating the action. little spendy but worth it when you have confidence in your rifle zero. Hope this helps.

Oakdale range is still running. I sighted in my rifle there last year. I can't remember for sure...it was at least $10/gun. I'd call there first to be sure of the shooting times. I can't remember if its private and they open in up in the fall or what.

Jackpine Rob, if you meet me at Beaverbrook this coming Wednseday night I will get you in for just $5.00.I can bring up to two guests with me, I will be there to shoot trap, but plan on getting there by 5:30PM to pattern test some goose loads.

I can meet you on 65 and 22 if you wish as well, I come up Hanson BLVD to 22 then go out to 65 from there.

Benny

No. You're thinking of the area on Mud Lake just south of St. Francis on 47. This is out by Alliant Tech west of St. Francis. Home to Minneapolis Rifle Club also. I can see the confusion. Hope this helps.