• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hastings Gal...

CrappieJohn

On Thursday I had an e-mail from this young lady inquiring about the fishing in this immediate area. A couple notes later and lo, I found myself with a possible fishing date for Friday. Unfortunately, Friday morning's weather was less than favorable for a boat ride and we cancelled after talking the ideas over. She did indicate that she wanted to fish after things cleared up and needed bait, so I directed her to Gone Fishing.

I got myself cleared at home and then went to run some errands and actually stopped by the same bait shop to jaw a few minutes with the owner. While we were immersed in deep conversation out in the parking lot, a very attractive lady pulls up and heads straight into the shop. After getting her wares she comes out and walks right over to me and asks if I am Tom. Guess who? So my short visit turns into an hour long chat with her.

For those who have ever the opportunity to meet this person, do not pass it up. For those who have met her, you know what I am meaning here. I have never walked away from a chance meeting with ANY angler and come away more impressed. She has a serious background in fishing and, from what I have gathered, is an independant solo angler when need be. That was truely one of the most pleasureable hours I have ever spent yacking up fishing with anyone. Her husband is one VERY,VERY fortunate individual!

Tom, Thank you for the kind words. I enjoyed the time spent in conversation with you also. I did make it out fishing on Saturday morning - I opted to go to Fishermans Inn and try my luck and some of my newly aquired plastics. It was a beautiful morning so I left at about 6:30 and figured I would just stop at the gas station right of 52 where I had to turn in Oronoco - Low and behold it was closed up!! NO Coffee in my system yet - I debated about driving back to Rochester, but went on my way. I arrived and was the only one there. Carp were splashing all over and the birds were singing, sun was out a wonderful way to spend the morning. However the fish were not cooperating, I did catch one baby sunny that was 5" long. I had the place to my lonesome until three gentlemen showed up - they went over to the other side of the road and could hear the fish splashing and finally one of them came over and asked what that was. We did talk a little and they were very polite and asked if they could fish by me. I showed one of them how to hook a minnow so it stays alive grin.gif. The waterski team showed up and I figured it was time to get some coffee, I asked the gentlemen if they would like the minnows since I had no need for them and they thanked me.

It was a good morning and I didn't get skunked.

Sunday morning I was out getting my morning coffee and decided to see if I could follow directions smirk.gif I found the CC Pits with no problem even had a parking spot that would be legal - however I opted to go buy some bread and feed the geese at Silver Lake. I did see a goose with a HUGE Bright orange Bucktail lure hanging from its backside, I took some pictures of the poor thing and fed him good also. The DNR should capture him and remove that big lure.

I enjoyed my long weekend in Rochester, it was enjoyable to spend time with mom and get outdoors. The kids were sure glad to see me when I got home last nite too!

I will most likely be attending the Backwater Brawl that you mentioned Tom as long as it is as safe as you say - I prefer to have 3' of ice under me when I fish in the winter.

Also I want to thank you for the offer to go out fishing with you - I'm sure I would have learned a few things and enjoyed the company too.

Keep Smiling.

Hastings Gal

Geez, Tom, you had my hopes off the chart until you said, "Her husband....." Attractive AND a knowledgable angler. Who could ask for more?? Hey, Hastings Gal, if you have an available sister, or friend for that matter, especially one who loves to fish......

Quote:

On Thursday I had an e-mail from this young lady inquiring about the fishing in this immediate area. A couple notes later and lo, I found myself with a possible fishing date for Friday. Unfortunately, Friday morning's weather was less than favorable for a boat ride and we cancelled after talking the ideas over. She did indicate that she wanted to fish after things cleared up and needed bait, so I directed her to Gone Fishing.

I got myself cleared at home and then went to run some errands and actually stopped by the same bait shop to jaw a few minutes with the owner. While we were immersed in deep conversation out in the parking lot, a very attractive lady pulls up and heads straight into the shop. After getting her wares she comes out and walks right over to me and asks if I am Tom. Guess who? So my short visit turns into an hour long chat with her.

For those who have ever the opportunity to meet this person, do not pass it up. For those who have met her, you know what I am meaning here. I have never walked away from a chance meeting with ANY angler and come away more impressed. She has a serious background in fishing and, from what I have gathered, is an independant solo angler when need be. That was truely one of the most pleasureable hours I have ever spent yacking up fishing with anyone. Her husband is one VERY,VERY fortunate individual!

Hi Tom...

And here I thought you were turning FM into a dating site... Hmmmm... Naw. Too much drama for the best site on the net!!

BTW... Hastings Gal... Ya got a sister? wink.gifgrin.gifblush.gif