• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV For Street Use?

Is it possible to convert an ATV for street use and get it licensed / registered for street? If so, what needs to be done to it?

Was thinking bout getting a Raptor 660

I don't think, and have never seen, an ATV licensed for the street. If you could, I'm sure you'd see plenty around. Arctic Cat builds a street legal quad but that's for Europe, I believe.

In 1985 I bought a new Honda 185s three-wheeler and I got a motorcycle license for it. Guess what, the highway patrol stopped me up north of Mora and was going to write me a ticket and I told him it was license for the street. He said that no ATV was street legal, even if I had the proper license or not, he gave me a warning and told me to stay off all state and county roads. He said I could cross at a right angle but I had to stay on the inside of the ditch.

Quote:

RUNDRAVE- i see you like triumph, why dont you go to Powerbrokers in sioux falls there and buy my Trophy 1200 that i have for sale.

Yes I like Triumph's, but not new Triumph's they arent the same Brit bikes of old that I like. The new ones are darn good touring bikes though if thats what your in the market for.

I have a 1957 Triumph 6T Thunderbird, its a little different than the bikes of new. I love it just because I built it/customised it, and nobody else out there has a bike like it.

Its 650cc, and its neat knowing I ride a bike that was possibly the first production bike to hit the 100mph mark.

All in all, its fun to wrench on, just a hobby of mine.

Heres the official word:

"Thank you for contacting Driver and Vehicle Services.

ATVs cannot be legally used on the streets. They are not licensed for road use.

Sincerely,

*********"