• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A few reports.....

7/25/05 - Skunk River

Waded the skunk with my buddy from work, trying to hit it before the major weather came in. We got lots of smallies, 28 of them with several over and around 15" and I managed one nearly 17". That water sure felt nice on that 98* day!

7/26/05 - Big Creek

Of course, the first time I have to fish in the past week was right after the MASSIVE cold front pushed in. As if Big Creek hasnt been tough enough as it is. However, I managed to find quite a few active gills, despite not finding the 'eyes I was looking for. Got quite a few with some decent ones mixed in. Also got a really thick crappie and dad got a few drum. What a beautiful night, just wish the fish were in a better mood.

7/27/05 & 7/28/05 - Saylorville

Fishe the 'ville a couple of times this week. Again, if you didnt get out to enjoy this wonderful cool down you missed out...it was gorgeous on the lakes this week. Fish out at the 'ville cooperated pretty good. Got out wednesday with my buddy, and solo tonight (thurs). My first fish wednesday was a 14lb buffalo (bit my crank, not foul hooked for a change). Ended up with 20 white bass wipers in a 1hr 45min stretch and had many triples and one quadruple that turned into a triple when my fish kicked off on of my lines. Those fish sure are fun when you pull some lines through a school!! Hang on!! Tonight was the same story, only 17 whites/wipers in my solo effort with a dink largemouth to go with them. Another great night and the only thing different was the location of the active fish.

goody

Great reports goody!

Say, my Great Grandma lived in Stacyville, Iowa (just south of the MN border) and we have a family reunion down there every summer (my grandma, dad and all his brothers and sisters bought the house and keep it going). The Cedar River (at least I think it's the Cedar) runs right through the town. Of all the years I've gone down there I've never ventured too far from Stacyville to go fishing. I've fished in the immediate area but that's about it. Do you have any idea what the fishing is like along the Cedar around and outside the Stacyville area? My cousin and I would like to drop a canoe or something in there and work our way around a little...

Thanks.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

Unfortunately no, I dont. I do hear quite a few guys on other boards talk about fishing up and down the Cedar and they do really well on smallies, eyes, and cats. Dont know about that far north though or anything about the Stacyville area. Sorry. SOmeone else on here may hopefully be able to help you though.

goody

Been pond fishing southern IA.in davis co.Action on most has been red hot for gills.Crappie have been hangout in deeper water.Slip bobber them in 15fow lots of 10 to12 inchers.Bass most on top water lures early mornings,I dont fish for them that much.Sept. I plan on spending half that month down there in my camper.Sept. always been a hot bite month for me ,unless it rains alot.I will try an report more still having P C troubles.ICE JOHN P S Caught most of the fish on tube jigs and waxies.

i couldn't take it no more!! i headed over and fished for a while on the wapsie below the frederika dam. the main channel was open. tried for panfish. no luck on those. did have a northern decide my purple tube looked good enough to eat! blush.gif my 4# mono lasted about 3 seconds with him! atleast i got out for a while. hope to get to nashua wed. !