• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

three of us fished the other night. we caught 4 that went home. 2 were 14" and two were 18-20" it was kind of slow and had a very heavy fish bug/fly hatch.( sort of like a may fly but they didn't have the long tail like a may fly) zillions were coming off the water at dark! most of the fish were caught wading to the different holes .

we were at nashua. the other guys started out tipping thier jigs with a pc of crawler but got tired of catching cats. the walleye were caught on just using twister tails on a 1/8 jig. with the bug hatch and now the rain , it could be slow , but one never knows. del

i went to nashua monday. the water is up and the current is stronger, but the water clarity isn't bad. fishing? i caught two 14"; two guys ( fishing the center and south side) went home with 7. i saw a few small ones caught also. didn't see any smallies or northern caught.most were fishing with a jig and minnow or jig and crawler.

i couldn't stand it any more!!! i made a trip over to nashua to try for some walleyes. only one other guy fishing, and he didn't catch anything either. could have been the fronts, or ?? it still felt good to be out! grin.gif

just a post to let you know that the cedar is up and dirty from the nashua area on down, due to them opening the gates at nashua to clear the ice. i found out the wapsie is in the same shape at fredricka too! : supposedly some guys did well on cats at waverly this weekend thou.

well! we are finally getting open water, but the weather and water levels seem to keep us guessing! this last weekend the panfishing was gowing well . in the mornings, one had to really downsize to get fish( like the J&S rasto/shrimpo) . in the afternoon , after the sun started warming the water they woud get more aggressive and you could up size your lures and do well.( like a crappie slider of one of CT's plastics!) i talked to some guys that had worked the cedar. with little luck on walleyes.( they picked up catfish, and northern, but only a few small eyes!) the wapsie hasn't turned on that i know of either. !! if and when the weather becomes more stable things will pick back up.

the walleye fishing is picking up on the cedar! i'd been hearing about guys doing well, so had to go and try my luck.i didn't do very well, ( but i'm learning!! grin.gif) two hot tips last night. guys were doing real well tipping thier jigs with a pc. of crawler.( i watched two guys catch 15 +. they kept five. and later a guy was using a brown colored 2 in.gulp twister tail and did well for the short time he was there.( he gave me one, so i could catch something!) grin.gif

i went over and fished last night. the bright sunny day kept things really slow til almost sundown. i finally started catching some!!! had problems keeping the bigger ones on, but was happy.fresh walleye on the menu for today!

i tried the cedar for a while last night. wow! not very good. water has dropped alot, adn the bite was very slow. i only caught one small eye, and a littel cat and a gil.only had a few other hits. sure was a nice night out though! ohter people were having the same luck.

i fished the cedar last night. had a good time, but no walleye! tally was; 8 crappies,6 smallies,7 rock bass, 1 small lg mouth, and 1 small northern!( got bit off by another one!! frown.gif) del

fished the cedar fri night. the water was very dirty !( i think it was from all the boat traffic just above the dam during the day!) it was slow. did catch four walleye.( three little ones , and one 14 in.) one crappie,rock bass,small lg. mouth, and got bit off by a pike! del