• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable Ice Shelter on Yamaha Kodiak?

umdr6

Has anyone ever put a portable ice shelter onto a Yamaha Kodiak? Or anything other than Arcctic Cat with the MRP Rapid Shack System? I really like that set-up a lot and would like to do something very similar to my Yamaha. Can it be done without welding? What is a good company to look at for this type of option. What kind of price am I looking at? Has anyone ever made one from scratch? I just want to be more portable this winter on the hardwater.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks,

~umdr6

There's a couple companies that have shelters that fold out from the rear of the ATV but Cat's the only one I know that folds out from the side. Myself, I see much more mobility and flexibility pulling a shelter behind the ATV than carrying it on the ATV.

The Glacier Scout is one other option. Another interesting house is the one that is made by Ryans Rack called the HAND-E-HOUSe. It attaches on the back end of a wheeler and flips right out. It is a pretty slick setup.