• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My very large sunfish

Slyster

The current state records are: Hybrid sunfish 1, 12oz, green 1, 4.8oz, bluegill 2, 13oz. as seen here: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/staterecords.html

Either way Slyster you caught a nice fish. grin.gif Take pictures often and record lengths (and girths) of anything you believe is in that range. Good luck.

The more I'm looking at those pictures the more I, too think it's a hybrid. I'll crack open my old fish biology textbooks tonight and see what I can find.

I guess these porks aren't as rare as I thought... Caught a bunch more today.. and two were almost as big.. at 1 lb 7 oz... tx for all the input and info. Interesting creatures these "sunnies".... smile.gif

Slyster your on a roll!!! for a guy that said this spring he didnt know what he was doing you sure have had an awesome July! first the Pig Smallies and now these brute sunnies! Seems like you do know what you are doing! Keep it up man its fun looking at the pics of other peoples catches! keep it coming!

Tx.. yeah.. I've spent a LOT of time on the water this summer (and last). I am currently still going on a steep learning curve. I'm getting the hang of it... I have more confidence this summer now than I thought I would. Tx a LOT to this forum.. and also ESPN and books.. and of course.. MOST OF ALL.... yeah... time on the water. Every day I go out.. I learn something new and key... tomorrow I will out once again for at least 8 hours.. gives me the time to try new things and gain experience on old things... also the discovery of plastics!