• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Place to stay in East Central SD for non res waterfowl opener.

We need a place to stay for the non resident waterfowl opener in East central South Dakota area.We have tried a few area hotels but most are booked up already.

All we really need is a yard to pitch a tent in or a camp ground.

Please let me know if you have any info that would help.

Benny

Hi Mike, well we are planning on hunting the area from Lake City out as far as the river and down as far as Madison or Arlington.

So it is a large area we plan to scout in August, then make our decision on a local from there.

We are familiar with the Sisseton area and have hunted around there for the last few years, hunting only reservation lands.

But the tribe went to North Dakota type of laws last year and this year as far as I know, so we didn't hunt there last year.

My best guess is we will end up some where around Lake City or Aberdine area.

Aberdine is centrally located so we can spike out from there.

As for time of year, either opener of waterfowl or maybe the opening weekend of Pheasant.

The Super 8 is booked for Pheasant opener as are most of the hotels my friend tried last week.

Arlington cop said we can camp in town some where if we have a pul behind trailor but I am not sure where we would camp there.

If you know of a hotel,bed & breakfast,or a hunting lodge with posible openings just send me a name and or number and I can call them.

Thanks,Benny benstackle at netzero dot net

The city of Webster also has a free city park to Camp at. They have electrical hook-ups. They have a donation can at the gate. Arlington is the same way I think. We stayed at the arlington one time.

Yes there are two places to camp in Arlington. One is right as you pull into town and the other is next to the elvator.

You might want to look into the state parks as they are usually open but do not have water to most areas. I'm not sure if they have any openings in the cottages or not.

If you need any additional help please send me an e-mail.

Also, don't forget to pack a fishing pole. We can have some great fall fishing opertunities as well and in most cases a boat is not necessary.

mw

Actually we might be in the Webster area, I dug out my maps tonight and started looking at the WPA, and the other managment areas.It looks like there is a heavey consentration of them between Britton and Watertown, so we may end up locating at Webster to be in a central location of them.

I am doing some searches now for logdes or hotels that allow dogs in them.

As we get closer to the date of our scouting run I will contact you guys to see if we can meet and toss down a cold one.

Benny

The bunkhouse motel in Webster has a game cleaning shack. Plus They have kennels.

Check out my profile for my web site. If you go to the glpta site you will be able to find alot of lodging place. It's set up to go to the fishing reports on my page, but go to the bottom of the glpta site and click Home.