• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

? for Dave

30 inch eyes

I haven't heard. I'm in and out (mostly out) this week for vacation and will check on this more. Currently, helmeted youth 16 and under can be a passenger.

30inch,

I read the Outdoornews and you're correct. The new law was in the recent list of ATV laws passed. Remember it may take time before these laws go into effect, but it does state that an operator 18 or older may carry an 18 y.o. passenger.

i do believe that the atv must be able to carry two people i.e. foot pegs just like a motorcycle if it a one man quad you are only have to have one person it and also that you may have a child in front of you but they must be in a helmet

nytelyter, I don't think they'd need to pass a law to carry a passenger on a two passenger vehicle.

Outdoor News online finally has the article in question posted. Here's the text line.

"A person 18 or older can operate an ATV with one passenger who is also at least 18, and with one passenger who is 16 or 17 years old, so long as that person wears a helmet."

As stated earlier, to date, only helmeted youth under 16 can be a passenger on an ATV. It appears we can now start carrying any age passengers (I'll assume for now it's for any ATV), while any passenger under 18 must wear a helmet. That's the way I'd interpret it.