• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mcgregor Soo Line Trail and Parking ???

Johnsonator

I am thinking of parking in Mcgregor and riding north to cass lake on the soo line trail to our trailer. Has anybody done this, and what is the trail like? I know I can park in Mcgregor but does anybody know if it safe enough to leave a truck overnight? Any help appreciated.

WHERE is it safe to leave your truck overnight?

Anywhere! Yup Dave I'd leave your truck anywhere with no hesitation.J/K LOL

Seriously though, I think the BP gas station in town is open 24 hrs in the summer. You could probably talk to the people there about leaving it. Otherwise, its a pretty small town (Pop.334) and the town cop would probably keep an eye on it for you if you bribed him with a box of Krispy Cremes.

I dont know if its *safe* to leave a vehicle anywhere anymore.. but the chances are slim you will have a problem. I would make an effort to ask a local gas station or something similar that is open most hours if you can park there off to the side as others have implied.

The parts of the soo line I have checked out were all very well groomed gravel.. long, strait, higher speed trails. I have no idea if the entire trail is this way, but wouldnt be surprised if it was.

Like said above, the trail is long and very straight. It's well groomed, but gets seriously dusty, so goggles and a windsheild are nice to have. As far as leaving your truck. I'd ask at that hotel next to the Fireside Diner

My brother and I did the Moose Lake to Genola a few years back overnite and didn't have a problem leaving our vehicle. There was a lot of rock and it did a number on our tires. Going out was fun because it was new but coming back sucked becuase we had seen everything already.