• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What kind of peep?

Just wondering i just picked up a new bow(my first one) and was wondring wht kind of peep sight i should put on it,was looking at the style tht goes on the cable guard seems more heavy duty, kinda shying away from the kinda u gotta split ur strings to put in seems like i would be wreckin a new bow?

Just about everybody goes with the threw the string peep.. there are a ton on the market its just a matter of finding what seems to work best for you.

I have been kicking around the idea of going with the no-peep. its an item that produces the same alignment without the use of a peep.

Before buying a peep try this: clamp on a knocking point in the area where your peep would be. Your sight picture at full draw will show your target and pin aligned just below your knocking point and just beside the string. The biggest advantage of this set up is making a critical shot in low light conditions. When it is too dark to see thru a peep sight its much easier to see along side a cheap knocking point. I' ve used these for many years with success.

Great point about the kisser, they are a great tool in low light conditions. I recommend having one. However, some of the new peeps out there will allow you to see though them in the lowest light conditions so I would certainly take a look at them. I can't think of name brands off the top of my head but I am setting up my new bow with one here in the near future and will report back with my results. Good luck!

fifty years young here. i went to trifocals so I decided to have lazik. lost my short vision but distance is awesome. had glasses for about 40 years. I hope I can still hunt with the 1/8 inch this fall. so far it looks good. no problems shooting spots with the 1/16 inch peep. but as mentioned before it really helps me outside to keep both eyes open. 5 pins from 20 out to 60.

frabilfisher, when i bought my first bow three years ago it cam with the peep sight where when u draw the string back that rubber tubing pulled the peep even with your eye. this worked great until i sliced the rubber tubing with a broadhead. I knew right then that if you do that while hunting ud be screwed. So i had em put in the biggest string peep they had( where they split the string ya know?) and theres a problem to this to but easily fixed. Somtimes one of the three string sections obscures ur vision through the peep but use both eyes open and problem solved. Its completley reliable too. good luck bowhunting this year!!!