• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I've always put the fillets in a saltwater solution in the fridge overnight or let them soak for at least a day. Seems to help get some of the gunk out. I cut the heads off, gut them and then skin them. Kind of like cleaning a trout up in northeast Iowa. Then they can be cooked in a variety of ways. Wrap them up in a little tin foil with some seasoning and grill them.

gooddy could weight in on this.He is a BULLHEAD KING.just kidding him.I grewup catching them and carp.Soaking in salt,then wash off.I then put them in milk for acouple hours.Then dry,flour,salt,pepper,deep fry.ICE JOHN FISH ON blush.gif

I don't think I've had one bigger than 12". I never usually go out targeting them, but if I'm ever using nightcrawlers, I'll always pull in a couple regardless.

Blackhawk Lake in Lake View, IA is usually good for plenty of bullheads. Sit on a dock and put a nightcrawler under a bobber. Great for the younger kids who are just starting to fish and need some action to keep their interest!

You want BIG yellow bellies....spirit lake is the place to go. I thought the ones at clear lake were big too until I tangled with some from spirit...they are HUGE!

goody