• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking For Raider Parts

Old School

Old School-

Engine Parts? Chassis Parts? Drivetrain Parts?

Can't remember what kind of motor the Raiders ran but it has to be typical vintage (JLO, Sachs, Hirth, etc.) You should be able to find motor parts anywhere on the net (hsolist would be a good bet).

Drivetrain might be trickier because of the twin track setup as well as other chassis and body components.

Do an internet search for the Vintage Snowmobile Club of America. If you are into vintage, this is a great club to join and you receive an awesome magazine every 4 months.

Vintagesleds dot com is another great resource for all things vintage. They have a swap forum as part of the site. Someone will have what you are looking for.

Good Luck to you. Those twin trackers are pretty cool!

Sorry about that, it's a 290 twin CCW and it runs sweet after the pistons were put back in the right way. Got it from some guy that had taken the motor apart (new gaskets & rings) and put the pistons in backwards (didnt run to good). So he was sick of working on it.

But anyway, I need one of the leaf springs for the suspension on one of the tracks and looking for a starter or bendix for the starter. And of course any other goodies for it smile.gif

The last time it was used my wife put 50 miles on it, just a little jaunt. It's no speed racer but it sure can hill climb. It's fun to go putt around the lakes and see the looks.

Thanks for the info & reply, was not sure if I should of posted here or the wanted forum.

I would suggest going to a couple places.

1. Haydays, giant swap meet, you would probably find a matching Raider to purchase, then you and your wife could own the lake and run in style.

2. VSCA event on Lake Waconia, billed as the largest vintage event in the U.S., maybe you could network or talk to some guys there.

There are some great snowmobile forums on the internet also, of course they are a little slower this time of year, but there are still a lot of crazed snowmobilers online all summer to help.

Good Luck on your search.