• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

grizzly660 vs brute force650

rod-man

I am looking at gettiong a new 4-wheeler this summer

I am looking at 650 class units I looked at polaris 500HO

units and was not impressed with the sales staff at the dealer (they wouldn't do a deal for cash it was the MSRP

cash or credit)

so I'm trying to get input on the two units (griz and brute)

thanks in advance

P.S. the atv will be used for icefishing and hunting and some trail riding

I think the Kawi will be less $$?The Grizzly has a better ride with independant rear suspension,where as the Kawi has the straight axle in the rear,which is a little better for towing heavier tongue weight items(heavy tongue weight=compressing the independant rear suspension more).The belt drive on Yamahas are the best belt drive system out there.Kawasaki and Polaris belt sytems require more maintenance than the other brands belt systems.You could get a decent deal on a closeout of the 2005 model because the 2006's will soon be released.Both of these machines are great rides,and very capable of anything you throw at them!My opinion is the Yamaha,reason being is that it has a better belt system, a better ride,more ground clearance,and is a great looking quad to boot!

Quote:

the grizzly is $1020 cheaper than the polaris 500HO

Rod-man, something isn't right. The dealer's lowest price for a 500HO is $6799 (MSRP) and, $1020 more than you can get a Grizzly for? So, you can get a Grizzly for $5779? I haven't shopped for an ATV but that sounds like a good deal on that Grizzly.

Quote:

the final cost of the 500HO was over $7425

prep tax dest and set up

Wow...I've seen billboards from some dealers stating Sportman 600's for $5399! some months ago. $7425 for a 500 is crazy!! I wouldn't fall for the old prep/setup/dest charges.

Every quad has its' good and bad points. Just test drive them and get the one you feel you like the best. One of the big advantages the Kawi has is a sealed rear brake. I think the Grizzly is the best looking utility quad. I personally have a Prairie 650 and would look at the same one's you are if I were getting a new one. Good Luck!!

If you want the rear sealed brakes,fuel injection,a third handebar mounted headlight,independant rear suspension,and smallish racks for about the same price as the Grizzly you could get a 2005 Suzuki Kingquad 700. shocked.gif

also look at the tires you are getting, and try to get a deal for some after market tires with purchase. I have the 660 grizz, and those tires are worthless in the snow. I put on some ITP 589's, and this thing works great for pulling the fish house and gear. the bigger tires also seem to help in stability while sidehilling.