• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need new bearings in the trailer?

mamohr686

It's not exactly a store sale but I wanted to let everyone know that Fleet-farm is the place to get your bearings repacked. I went to clean up my skeeter bass boat when I noticed my bearing buddy was entirely missing. I later found out that the friction caused by the bad bearing caused it to blow off (and making a big mess of grease I might add). 2 seasons ago I had new bearing buddies, seals, and bearings intalled at the price of $180 at a boat dealer. 2 years before that I had the exact same thing done on my previous boat and it costed me over $150 at a bearing/alignment shop. At fleet-farm the cost of 2 new bearing caps with fill marker,seals, and new bearings only cost me $63 and some change. I can't believe I've been getting so ripped-off at dealers. Thanks fleet-farm for getting my boat taken care of at a great price with super service.

Mark, YOU DO OCCASIONALLY check your bearing buddies, right?? I have a set on a '95 trailer and every other year I wash and regrease 'em. Before that, I had a '77 trailer and did the SAME service schedule. I have NEVER had a problem with bearings and my tows are 197 miles, one way, Usually nonstop. Bearing Buddies DON'T remove the service schedule, only alter it. Phred52

generally I add grease every 3 months or so depending on use. I mentioned this experience is based on 2 used boats in the last 10 years. I just checked my bearings again and they are not staying tight to the hub. Now I think I have some kind of hub alignment or wear issue going on in my skeeter trailer. FYI skeeter boats have terrible trailers, I've replaced the bunks, carpet, and the glue pressed board inside the wheel fenders, not to mention it's rusted out bad.