• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

shore fishing near sioux falls: alvin, wall, vermillion anyone???

well I am finally back in the great state of south dakota, I currently do not have a boat(hopefully that will change here shortly)

I have been itching to get out fishing really bad, and just want to catch some fish, up for anything, I know I will probably find my fair share of bullheads, but its been about 5 yrs for me since I last fished any of these lakes on shore or by boat.

Can anyone give me some shore fishing advice for lake alvin, wall lake, or lake vermilion. These are the only lakes that come to mind that are close. would be open to other ideas as well.

thanks in advance.

Go below the dam on Alvin and you'll catch as many bullheads as you want cool.gif I take the kids there a few times a year and they tire after about 6 or 7 each. I don't care to eat them so they are still there.

Many people fish from the rock dam at vermillion as well, or off the sandy points. Also by the HWY bridge you catch a bullhead or two.